from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hopkins, Gerard Manley 1844-1889. British poet known for a number of works published posthumously, including "The Wreck of the Deutschland” and "The Windhover.”
- Hopkins, Johns 1795-1873. American financier and philanthropist who left $7 million to found the hospital and university in Baltimore that bear his name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English, Irish and Welsh patronymic surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States educator and theologian (1802-1887)
- n. Welsh film actor (born in 1937)
- n. United States financier and philanthropist who left money to found the university and hospital that bear his name in Baltimore (1795-1873)
- n. English poet (1844-1889)
- n. English biochemist who did pioneering work that led to the discovery of vitamins (1861-1947)
TELMA HOPKINS and VALERIE PETTIFORD - Can you believe Hopkins is 60?!
LadyLydiaSpeaks said ... welcome to the lady at United Healthcare Corporation in Hopkins, Minnesota, who spent 5 hours here already today.
Too bad Benicio can't be Cap and Hopkins is already in Thor. okayflint that's what you get when you pass on her husband for the leading role!
Anthony Hopkins is the first to board a film called The Rite, a supernatural thriller from New Line.
Yet that debate was notable for a veteran Tory sceptic, Bill Cash, acting (as a Labour leftwinger, Kelvin Hopkins, put it) as "a restraining voice" against demands by younger colleagues such as Douglas Carswell who were pressing for an amendment to demand a cut in the budget.
Â I no longer care about any other role Hopkins is playing, including his role as Odin in Thor.
Placekicker Dustin Hopkins had an outstanding freshman season in 2009 and got even stronger during offseason workouts.
Second if you are RICH, sure Johns Hopkins is hard to beat.
-- RB Stephen Hopkins, Double Oak, Texas -- Like any spread, the Michigan offense needs a solid running game as its foundation, and the Wolverines hope Hopkins is the durable, rugged back who can provide that.
You can see him in Hopkins 'delivery of certain lines as well as his physical mannerisms.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.