from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hudson, Henry Died 1611. English navigator and explorer who discovered (1609) the Hudson River on an expedition for the East India Company.
- Hudson, William Henry 1841-1922. British naturalist and writer whose works include Green Mansions (1904).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A river in United States that flows through New York into the Atlantic Ocean.
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a New York river; flows southward into New York Bay; explored by Henry Hudson early in the 17th century
- n. English naturalist (born in Argentina) (1841-1922)
- n. English navigator who discovered the Hudson River; in 1610 he attempted to winter in Hudson Bay but his crew mutinied and set him adrift to die (1565-1611)
HUDSON - A Hudson man who had been drinking was walking along Derry Street when he was hit by a pickup truck Monday evening.
HUDSON (KWWL) -- Several fire departments are respoding to what's described as a "huge" fire at a plant in Hudson.
HUDSON, Ohio, March 16 (UPI) -- An insurance agent in Hudson, Ohio, says he received a postcard sent in 1962 by someone he did not know.
HUDSON - Hudson police are looking for help identifying a man they want to talk to in connection to a burglary on Old Coach Road.
HUDSON - A Fort Lauderdale, Fla., company has purchased a Hudson tire recycling facility.
HUDSON, Ohio -- Michael Knudson, who was charged with murder in connection with killing his mother and brother and burning down their home in Hudson, pleaded guilty in court Thursday.
HUDSON - Police report a 63-year-old Hudson woman accidentally drove her car into the side door of a Rite Aid Pharmacy on Sunday afternoon while attempting to park her car.
Police: Man drove drunk, crashed with dogs in car HUDSON - Hudson police arrested a Nashua man tonight after he drove his car into a wooded area and got it stuck on rocks.
HUDSON - PASSOVER SEDER: The Unitarian Universalist Church of Marlborough and Hudson, 80 Main St., will hold a Passover Seder Saturday, April 11, at 6 p.m.
It was from Jim Hanrahan who wrote, "I just watched a plane crash into the hudson riv [sic] in manhattan". iPhone user Janis Krums followed with, "There's a plane in the Hudson.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.