from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hudson, Henry Died 1611. English navigator and explorer who discovered (1609) the Hudson River on an expedition for the East India Company.
- Hudson, William Henry 1841-1922. British naturalist and writer whose works include Green Mansions (1904).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A river in United States that flows through New York into the Atlantic Ocean.
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a New York river; flows southward into New York Bay; explored by Henry Hudson early in the 17th century
- n. English naturalist (born in Argentina) (1841-1922)
- n. English navigator who discovered the Hudson River; in 1610 he attempted to winter in Hudson Bay but his crew mutinied and set him adrift to die (1565-1611)
From Hudd + -son. (Wiktionary)