American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Hudson, Henry Died 1611. English navigator and explorer who discovered (1609) the Hudson River on an expedition for the East India Company.
- Hudson, William Henry 1841-1922. British naturalist and writer whose works include Green Mansions (1904).
- n. A river in United States that flows through New York into the Atlantic Ocean.
- n. A surname.
- n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
- n. a New York river; flows southward into New York Bay; explored by Henry Hudson early in the 17th century
- n. English naturalist (born in Argentina) (1841-1922)
- n. English navigator who discovered the Hudson River; in 1610 he attempted to winter in Hudson Bay but his crew mutinied and set him adrift to die (1565-1611)
- From Hudd + -son. (Wiktionary)
“HUDSON - A Hudson man who had been drinking was walking along Derry Street when he was hit by a pickup truck Monday evening.”
“HUDSON, Ohio, March 16 (UPI) -- An insurance agent in Hudson, Ohio, says he received a postcard sent in 1962 by someone he did not know.”
“HUDSON - Hudson police are looking for help identifying a man they want to talk to in connection to a burglary on Old Coach Road.”
“HUDSON - A Fort Lauderdale, Fla., company has purchased a Hudson tire recycling facility.”
“HUDSON, Ohio -- Michael Knudson, who was charged with murder in connection with killing his mother and brother and burning down their home in Hudson, pleaded guilty in court Thursday.”
“HUDSON - Police report a 63-year-old Hudson woman accidentally drove her car into the side door of a Rite Aid Pharmacy on Sunday afternoon while attempting to park her car.”
“Police: Man drove drunk, crashed with dogs in car HUDSON - Hudson police arrested a Nashua man tonight after he drove his car into a wooded area and got it stuck on rocks.”
“HUDSON - PASSOVER SEDER: The Unitarian Universalist Church of Marlborough and Hudson, 80 Main St., will hold a Passover Seder Saturday, April 11, at 6 p.m.”
“It was from Jim Hanrahan who wrote, "I just watched a plane crash into the hudson riv [sic] in manhattan". iPhone user Janis Krums followed with, "There's a plane in the Hudson.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Hudson’.
Locations in Florida, including of course, towns and cities. You can even add your favorite kitchy tourist attraction too.
For an exclusive list featuring the many Florida islands called keys...
Or maybe just some English names, I don't know.
(these can be given or surnames)
Looking for tweets for Hudson.