from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- MountJefferson A peak, 3,201.6 m (10,497 ft) high, in the Cascade Range of northwest Oregon southeast of Portland.
- Jefferson, Thomas 1743-1826. The third President of the United States (1801-1809). A member of the second Continental Congress, he drafted the Declaration of Independence (1776). His presidency was marked by the purchase of the Louisiana Territory from France (1803) and the Tripolitan War (1801-1805). A political philosopher, educator, and architect, Jefferson designed his own estate, Monticello, and buildings for the University of Virginia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English patronymic surname.
- proper n. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826); the third President of the United States, principal author of the US Declaration of Independence (1776), and one of the most influential founders of the United States.
- n. A two-dollar bill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. 3rd President of the United States; chief drafter of the Declaration of Independence; made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and sent out the Lewis and Clark Expedition to explore it (1743-1826)
Last Letter of Jefferson, June 24, 1826, _Thomas Jefferson_ 101
JEFFERSON - John A. Meinel, age 84, of Jefferson, passed away, with his family by his side, on Friday, Jan. 2, 2009, at Willow Brook Nursing Home in Lake Mills.
JEFFERSON - Ione R. Thamke, 78, of Jefferson, formerly of Adams, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009, at her home in Jefferson.
JEFFERSON - Ronald M. Strauss, 63, of Jefferson, died unexpectedly on Tues-day, Feb. 3, 2009, at his home.
JEFFERSON - The Jefferson baseball team improved to 2-0 in Rock Valley Conference play with a
RICHARD JEFFERSON, San Antonio: After a one-year stopover with the Bucks, Jefferson was shipped to a San Antonio team desperate to gain ground on the world champion Los Angeles Lakers.
JEFFERSON - Erwin Drews, 93, of Jefferson, died on Saturday, Sept. 5, 2009, at Fort Memorial Hospital in Fort Atkinson.
JEFFERSON - Heron M. Ambrose, age 93, of Jefferson passed away M.nday, Sept. 21, 2009, with his wife at his side, at Wellington M.adows in Fort Atkinson.
JEFFERSON - Heron M. Ambrose, 93, of Jefferson passed away M.nday Sept. 21, 2009, with his wife at his side, at Wellington M.adows in Fort Atkinson.
JEFFERSON - Helen Felton, 80, of Jefferson, died on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, at Wellington Meadows in Fort Atkinson.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.