American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Family of American jazz musicians, including Henry (born 1918), known as "Hank,” a pianist best known as a member of the Columbia Broadcasting System house band (1959-1974); his brother Thaddeus Joseph (1923-1986), known as "Thad,” a cornetist, flugelhorn player, and composer who wrote extensively for Count Basie's orchestra; and his brother Elvin Ray (1927-2004), a drummer best known for his work with the John Coltrane Quartet (1960-1965).
- Jones, Charles Martin Known as "Chuck.” 1912-2002. American animator and animation director who helped bring to life cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck for Warner Brothers. He won several Academy Awards for his cartoons.
- Jones, Inigo 1573-1652. English architect who brought the Palladian classical style to England. He designed the Queen's House in Greenwich and the Banqueting Hall in Whitehall, London.
- Jones, John Luther Known as "Casey.” 1864-1900. American locomotive engineer who died trying to stop his train from crashing into another train. The song "The Ballad of Casey Jones,” is about his death.
- Jones, John Paul 1747-1792. Scottish-born American naval officer. In the American Revolution he raided the British coast and destroyed two warships (1779).
- Jones, LeRoi See Imamu Amiri Baraka.
- Jones, Mary Harris Known as "Mother Jones.” 1830-1930. Irish-born American labor leader and union organizer. She helped found (1905) the Industrial Workers of the World.
- Jones, Quincy Delight Born 1933. American musician, composer, and record and television producer. Having spent the early part of his career as a member of several influential jazz bands, he is best known for his musical compositions for television and film.
- Jones, Robert Tyre Known as "Bobby.” 1902-1971. American golfer who won (1930) the Grand Slam of golf, the amateur and open championships in the United States and Great Britain.
- n. United States labor leader (born in Ireland) who helped to found the Industrial Workers of the World (1830-1930)
- n. United States railroad engineer who died trying to stop his train from crashing into another train; a friend wrote a famous ballad describing the incident (1864-1900)
- n. United States golfer (1902-1971)
- n. one of the first great English architects and a theater designer (1573-1652)
- n. American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792)
- n. English phonetician (1881-1967)
“Diary Entry by chris ariel (about the author) yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Fractures in the Truth Movement, Part III The Fissure Becomes a Gulf'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = '\'This fracture in the truth movement between the anti-zionists and the Alex Jones automatons was building gradually for a few years until [Jason] Bermas blew the issue wide open on Alex Jones\' show in April.”
“#5@Tom Waits: Hmm I dont remember him saying anything about jones when he was on Ello yesterday, and to be honest I could see the Padres putting Guret in CF and Jones in LF and then start looking to trade Giles.”
“What would satisfy ˜Jones believes the earth is round™ is an open-ended (infinite) list of inferrings, imaginings, saying, and doings (etc.) on the part of Jones (1949a, 44).”
“JONES: Right now, even Jones can't say how prominently marriage figures into the complex maze out of poverty, but in five years he'll have some data.”
“(Soundbite of car door slamming) JONES: But Jones says he's program isn't just about marriage.”
“Still seems like a worthwhile test to look at how that series tends to move with version and interact with proxies, versus the JOnes CRUs if you want to snoop for possible finagling by Jones.”
“Vince Tyler was the stolid, dependable center for his small circle of friends, but inwardly he had a major desire for his friend Stuart; he had a jones for Jones.”
“JONES - Another small earthquake struck the Jones area tonight, the”
“ADAM JONES The Wales scrummage went well and Jones was the cornerstone of that.”
“Filed under: january jones, bobby flay, Celebrity Justice "Mad Men" star January Jones allegedly”
Looking for tweets for Jones.