from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people of Cambodia whose civilization reached its height from the 9th to the 15th century.
- n. The Mon-Khmer language that is the official language of Cambodia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The national language of Cambodia part of the Mon-Khmer language family.
- proper n. A member of an ethnolinguistic group that constitutes most of the population of Cambodia.
- proper n. An abugida used to write the Khmer language and sometimes Pali.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Cambodia
- n. the Mon-Khmer language spoken in Cambodia
Khmer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Attributed to the Pali term Khemara, meaning one who is wholesome; the elision form, Kmera (ក្មេរ), is found in ancient stone inscriptions. (Wiktionary)