from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An atoll in the Marshall Islands of the western Pacific Ocean. It was used as a Japanese air and naval base during World War II.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Kwajalein atoll.
- proper n. Kwajalein island, Kwajalein atoll.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A battle of World War II (January 1944); American forces landed and captured a Japanese airbase.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an atoll in the western Marshall Islands that was used as a Japanese air and naval base during World War II
- n. an amphibious assault in the Pacific in World War II (January 1944); American forces landed and captured a Japanese air base
From German Kwajalein, from Marshallese Kuwajleen. (Wiktionary)