from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. left-hand
- abbr. luteinizing hormone
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- luteinizing hormone
- light helicopter
- left hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An abbreviation for luteinizing hormone, a gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the pituitary and stimulates ovulation in female mammals, and stimulates androgen release in male mammals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin (New Latin) Litterarum humaniorum doctor, ‘doctor of the more humane letters'—that is, of the humanities or of learning: a degree conferred by universities.
- n. An abbreviation of Lord High Admiral.
- n. An abbreviation of Lord High Chancellor.
- n. An abbreviation of Lord High Treasurer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary; stimulates ovulation in female mammals and stimulates androgen release in male mammals
Sorry, no etymologies found.