from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern Quebec, Canada, on an island opposite Montreal, of which it is a residential suburb. Population: 369,000.
- Laval, Pierre 1883-1945. French politician who twice served as prime minister (1931-1932 and 1935-1936) and became head of the Vichy government (1942) after the surrender of France. He was executed for treason for his collaboration with the Nazis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in France, the prefecture of the department of Mayenne.
- proper n. The second largest city in Quebec, a province of Canada
- proper n. Île Jésus, an island in Quebec, where the city of Laval is located.
Sorry, no etymologies found.