American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Leigh, Vivien Originally Vivian Mary Hartley. 1913-1967. British actress who won the Academy Award as best actress for her roles in Gone With the Wind (1939) and A Streetcar Named Desire (1951).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A different spelling of lea, meadow or pasture, used as a suffix (-leigh, also -ley, -ly) in English place-names, especially in Devonshire: as, Chudleigh, Chulmleigh, Calverleigh.
- n. An obsolete preterit of lie.
- n. A surname, variant of Lee.
- n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
- n. A female given name, transferred from the surname.
- n. English film actress (1913-1967)
“But Lora Leigh is also best taken in smaller doses - reading more than one in a row may be dangerous to your health!”
“Wildcard by Lora Leigh is a mass market release with a retail price of $7.99 but an ebook retail price of $14.00.”
“And if you think there's nothing in Leigh's opinion for you to grow then you can just pass.”
“I think that as gamers, as people who have played games for enough of our lives to be interested in Leigh's blog, we have a sort of "gamer's intuition" that we've built up.”
“Bottom line, if I understand your point Leigh, is that every medium seems to look for its one big mascot for "legitimization", yet in reality few media can hold up one particular example and say that is what gave it its entrance ticket to the art club.”
“I was looking for the mandatory "omg Leigh is hot" comment, either I missed it or there wasn't one.”
“I don't think Leigh is implying that current events are or should be used to contextualize criticism.”
“In a few of the previous comments, and in Leigh's original post, the point was made that the game itself has no offensive political content.”
“Whining and crying about mean mean Jamie Leigh is not part of the judicial system.”
“Do you find that closely-knit towns tend to band together after a momentous event, however tragic, or, do you think Leigh is right in suspecting the entire town is whispering about her and her family behind her back?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Leigh’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Looking for tweets for Leigh.