from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Leigh, Vivien Originally Vivian Mary Hartley. 1913-1967. British actress who won the Academy Award as best actress for her roles in Gone With the Wind (1939) and A Streetcar Named Desire (1951).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname, variant of Lee.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name, transferred from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A different spelling of lea, meadow or pasture, used as a suffix (-leigh, also -ley, -ly) in English place-names, especially in Devonshire: as, Chudleigh, Chulmleigh, Calverleigh.
- n. An obsolete preterit of lie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English film actress (1913-1967)
Sorry, no etymologies found.