from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lin, Maya Ying Born 1959. American sculptor and architect whose public works include the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. (1982).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Chinese origin (see: 林)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To yield; to stop; to cease.
- transitive v. To cease from.
- n. A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a fall of water.
- n. A waterfall, or cataract.
- n. A steep ravine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cease; stop; rest.
- To cease from.
- n. A cataract or waterfall.
- n. A pool; particularly, a pool below a fall of water.
- n. The face of a precipice; a shrubby ravine.
- n. A Middle English form of line.
- n. A provincial pronunciation of lind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959)
Sorry, no etymologies found.