from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lindsay, (Nicholas) Vachel 1879-1931. American poet who traveled the United States exchanging poems for room and board. His volumes include The Congo and Other Poems (1914).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish habitational surname from Lindsey in Lincolnshire, from Old English "Lincoln's wetland"
- proper n. An Irish surname, a variant of Lindsey.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 1940s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States playwright who collaborated with Russel Crouse on several musicals (1889-1931)
- n. United States poet who traveled the country trading his poems for room and board (1879-1931)
Sorry, no etymologies found.