from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northern Utah north of Ogden. Settled in the 1850s, it is a market center. Population: 47,700.
- MountLogan A peak, 5,954.8 m (19,524 ft) high, of the St. Elias Mountains in southwest Yukon Territory, Canada, near the Alaska border. It is the highest elevation in Canada.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Places in Scotland, Canada, U.S., and Australia.
- proper n. A habitational surname derived from the Scottish places.
- proper n. An Irish surname, an Anglicization of Ó Leocháin.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surnames. Used since at least the 19th century, and popular in the 2000s.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 1990s; much less common than the male name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rocking or balanced stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See loggan.
- n. See pokeloken.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mountain peak in the St. Elias Range in the southwestern Yukon Territory in Canada (19,850 feet high)
LOGAN - For what ultimately proved to be 200 minutes of regular-season play, top-ranked Logan and No. 5 Ogden battled and battled and battled against one another.
HURRICANE 7, LOGAN 4: Collin Davis went 2-for-3 and Evan Oyler smacked a triple as the visiting Redskins rallied past Logan.
Nicolas needed to go weeks ago, and Logan is right behind him.
Named one of the New Yorker's best 20 writers under 40, Mengestu earned high praise for his 2007 debut, "The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears," about a lonely Ethiopian working in Logan Circle, and his new novel concentrates that theme of alienation even further.
There's nothing subtle about Thomas's plans to stock the joint with 1,000 kinds of whiskey, which diners will be able to chase with fried clams, steak Diane, wild game and some reminders of the chef's days at the late Viridian in Logan Circle, including a grilled radicchio salad with sherried walnuts and candied grapefruit and chicken cooked under a brick.
The Utah Browncoats will be hosting the first of two charity screenings of Serenity for Equality Now in Logan, Utah.
This needs to be renewed like in Logan's Run. alberto
Also, bought a 5$ Variety puzzles book in Logan airport.
Logan is at the harbor edge, and there was more opportunity to use over-water routings than the FAA wasusing.
Hot off the presses: EPA just announced it is recommending rejecting the massive Spruce Mine in Logan County, West Virginia, for the simple reason that it can't comply with long-standing clean water protections.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.