American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northern Utah north of Ogden. Settled in the 1850s, it is a market center. Population: 47,700.
- MountLogan A peak, 5,954.8 m (19,524 ft) high, of the St. Elias Mountains in southwest Yukon Territory, Canada, near the Alaska border. It is the highest elevation in Canada.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Places in Scotland, Canada, U.S., and Australia.
- n. A habitational surname derived from the Scottish places.
- n. An Irish surname, an Anglicization of Ó Leocháin.
- n. A male given name transferred from the surnames. Used since at least the 19th century, and popular in the 2000s.
- n. A female given name used since the 1990s; much less common than the male name.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A rocking or balanced stone.
- n. a mountain peak in the St. Elias Range in the southwestern Yukon Territory in Canada (19,850 feet high)
- Scottish Gaelic lagan ("dell") (Wiktionary)
“LOGAN - For what ultimately proved to be 200 minutes of regular-season play, top-ranked Logan and No. 5 Ogden battled and battled and battled against one another.”
“Nicolas needed to go weeks ago, and Logan is right behind him.”
“Named one of the New Yorker's best 20 writers under 40, Mengestu earned high praise for his 2007 debut, "The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears," about a lonely Ethiopian working in Logan Circle, and his new novel concentrates that theme of alienation even further.”
“There's nothing subtle about Thomas's plans to stock the joint with 1,000 kinds of whiskey, which diners will be able to chase with fried clams, steak Diane, wild game and some reminders of the chef's days at the late Viridian in Logan Circle, including a grilled radicchio salad with sherried walnuts and candied grapefruit and chicken cooked under a brick.”
“The Utah Browncoats will be hosting the first of two charity screenings of Serenity for Equality Now in Logan, Utah.”
“This needs to be renewed like in Logan's Run. alberto”
“Also, bought a 5$ Variety puzzles book in Logan airport.”
“Logan is at the harbor edge, and there was more opportunity to use over-water routings than the FAA wasusing.”
“Hot off the presses: EPA just announced it is recommending rejecting the massive Spruce Mine in Logan County, West Virginia, for the simple reason that it can't comply with long-standing clean water protections.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Logan’.
"Nebraska established a county-coding system for its passenger plates in 1922. These one- or two-digit prefixes were assigned based on the number of registered vehicles per county in that year. In ...
Looking for tweets for Logan.