from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mining, a running bridge over a sinking-pit top, upon which the bowk is placed after it is brought up for emptying.
- n. A long wagon, consisting of a nearly flat platform (with a very low rim) set on four wheels, which are either entirely under the platform or do not rise above it.
- n. A trolley for carrying coal, ore, etc., upon an overhead railway. Also written larry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large low horse-drawn wagon without sides
- n. a large truck designed to carry heavy loads; usually without sides
Sorry, no etymologies found.