from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lowry, (Clarence) Malcolm 1909-1957. British writer. His novel Under the Volcano (1947) is recognized as a masterpiece of modern fiction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An open box car used on railroads. Compare lorry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Spurge-laurel.
- n. An open railroad box-car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English painter (1887-1976)
- n. English novelist (1909-1957)
Sorry, no etymologies found.