from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lucas, George Born 1944. American film director, producer, and screenwriter best known as a pioneer of special effects, especially in his Star Wars motion-picture series, including Star Wars (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980), and The Return of the Jedi (1983).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. Any of several place names.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944)
From Latin, from Ancient Greek Λουκᾶς (Loukas, "man from Lucania"). (Wiktionary)