from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lucas, George Born 1944. American film director, producer, and screenwriter best known as a pioneer of special effects, especially in his Star Wars motion-picture series, including Star Wars (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980), and The Return of the Jedi (1983).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. Any of several place names.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944)
GEORGE LUCAS: After his 1971 debut with "THX 1138," Lucas directed one of my all-time favorite movies, "American Graffiti."
PEYTON AND LUCAS RECEIVE SHOCKING NEWS Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) receive a startling surprise about the pregnancy, as Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Julian's
Izzo handed out one-game suspensions to two players during the season, withheld star point guard Kalin Lucas from a practice for "leadership issues" and twice benched guard Durrell Summers in the second halves of key games.
I do think your Lucas is a great hero. p.s. Think I should add any other questions?
I'm pretty sure (though not 100% sure) that "Lucas" is indeed the true-blue George Lucas, and that SuperShadow isn't a fraud.
The apostle mentions him here rather than in the opening address to this church, as he had not been at Rome [Bengel]. and Lucius -- not Luke, for the fuller form of "Lucas" is not "Lucius" but "Lucanus."
Lucas is a one trick pony, and he wants to bilk his fandom yet again.
"My mind-set was just to slow down Kalin Lucas and get into the passing lanes," Lawson said after the victory.
Kalin Lucas was held out of practice for not fulfilling his duties as a captain.
-- G Kalin Lucas had surgery to repair his ruptured left Achille's tendon on March 30.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.