from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Luce, Clare Boothe 1902-1987. American writer and public official. She wrote several plays, including The Women (1936), and served as ambassador to Italy (1953-1956).
- Luce, Henry Robinson 1898-1967. American editor and publisher who cofounded Time (1923) and founded Fortune (1930), Life (1936), and Sports Illustrated (1954).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pike when full grown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The pike (a fish), especially when full-grown.
- n. A rut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States publisher of magazines (1898-1967)
- n. United States playwright and public official (1902-1987)
Sorry, no etymologies found.