from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Mailer, Norman 1923-2007. American writer. Acclaimed for his World War II novel The Naked and the Dead (1948), he established New Journalism with his accounts of political events in the 1960s. Mailer's other works include The Deer Park (1955) and The Executioner's Song (1979).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as addressing-machine.
- n. A boat or steamer which carries mail; a mail-boat.
- n. One who pays rent.
- n. A squatter on waste ground (with the consent of the owner) who holds himself ready to be hired by the day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advertisement that is sent by mail
- n. United States writer (born in 1923)
- n. a container for something to be mailed
- n. a person who mails something
Sorry, no etymologies found.