from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Manet, Edouard 1832-1883. French painter and forerunner of impressionism whose works, including Déjeuner sur l'herbe (Luncheon on the Grass, 1862), were highly controversial in his day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a work by Édouard Manet
- proper n. Édouard Manet, French painter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. He (or she) remains (on the stage): a stage direction. Compare exit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. French painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1832-1883)
Sorry, no etymologies found.