from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Ohio north of Columbus. The home and burial place of President Warren G. Harding, it is a manufacturing center. Population: 36,100.
- Marion, Frances 1887-1973. American screenwriter who won an Academy Award for The Big House (1930) and The Champ (1932). She was the highest-paid screenwriter in Hollywood from 1916 through the mid-1930s.
- Marion, Francis Called "the Swamp Fox.” 1732?-1795. American Revolutionary soldier known for his guerrilla tactics against the British in South Carolina.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name.
- proper n. A matronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname, or by folk etymology seen as a masculine form of Mary.
MARION - A former Marion principal and vice principal has been named acting principal for the
MARION - Marion city officials will soon begin reviewing the placement of traffic signs in its school zones in the wake of being contacted by a San Antonio man who says as many as two dozen warning, street and school zone signs in the community don't comply with state regulations.
MARION - Sam Johnson and Sean Woods were the two happiest kids in Marion on Friday as they got to take the inaugural slide down the new playground equipment at their school.
MARION, Texas -- Residents in the small town of Marion, Texas, are breathing a collective sigh of relief now that an arrest has been made in connection with a string of arson fires.
MARION - The city of Marion had a tough fall in 2008, with intentionally set fires destroying four local landmarks and an old home in September and October.
MARION - An old German dish gets some new fame at the second annual Pannas Fest in Marion.
MARION - It will be a home run for the whole family at the first Bulldog Mayhem in Marion.
MARION - Mad scientists, creatures of the unknown and animals turned human are taking over the Marion stage.
MARION - In a rural area outside of Marion is an organization specializing in second chances.
MARION - For the 73rd year in a row, folks in Marion will be serving up a German favorite on the first Saturday of August.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.