from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Martini, Simone 1283?-1344. Italian painter whose work is representative of the Sienese Gothic style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A breech mechanism for a rifle.
- n. A type of rifle using similar features.
- n. Alternative capitalization of martini (a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth).
- n. A brand of Italian vermouth available in several versions, from the Martini e Rossi company.
Named for Frédéric de Martini (1832–97), Hungarian-born Swiss inventor. (Wiktionary)