from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A trademark used for a repeating rifle or pistol.
- Mauser, Peter Paul 1838-1914. German weapons manufacturer who with his brother Wilhelm (1834-1882) invented a breechloading rifle and a repeating pistol and rifle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of the firearms made or designed by the German now-defunct Mauser company, notably automatic pistols and bolt action rifles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trademark for a repeating rifle or pistol
- n. German arms manufacturer and inventor of a repeating rifle and pistol (1838-1914)
Named after the original designers Wilhelm and Paul Mauser. (Wiktionary)