from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- McCormick, Anne Elizabeth O'Hare 1882-1954. British-born American journalist. A foreign correspondent for the New York Times (1922-1954), she was the first woman to receive a Pulitzer Prize for journalism (1937).
- McCormick, Cyrus Hall 1809-1884. American inventor and manufacturer who developed a mechanical harvester (1831).
- McCormick, Patricia Known as "Pat.” Born 1930. American diver. She was the first to win consecutive Olympic gold medals in both springboard and platform diving and was the first woman inducted into the International Diving Hall of Fame.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Scottish Gaelic or Irish origin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States inventor and manufacturer of a mechanical harvester (1809-1884)
- n. United States operatic tenor (born in Ireland) (1884-1945)
McCORMICK, S.C. -- A gold and silver mine near McCormick abandoned 15 years ago has been added to a list for priority cleanup under the Environmental Protection Agency's Superfund program.
Where: McCORMICK RANCH GOLF COURSE,7505 McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale AZ 85258 ~ Phone
This essay by James McCormick is difficult to summarize.
Fergus McCormick is senior vice president at the DBRS credit rating agency in New York.
According his personal and book-publicity pages, McCormick is a U.S.
Cody McCormick took a double minor for high-sticking with 9: 13 left, then Ryan Smyth was called for hooking with 7 seconds left in McCormick's second penalty.
If you have a stomach strong enough to read further in the article, which appears to be more of an infomercial, you'll find to no surprise at all that McCormick is pushing his own line of quack products.
Notes: The Avalanche activated F Cody McCormick from the injured list.
From CELE | BITCHY – In an attempt to extend her reality-fame a little bit longer, ex-Brady and Celebrity Fit Club alum Maureen McCormick is coming out with a gossipy new book that will apparently reveal Brady family secrets, such as her shocking on-set bisexual experimentation with one of her own TV siblings!
Maureen McCormick is shown below on 5/25/05 at the Cinderella Man premiere.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.