American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Mount or De·na·li (də-näˈlē)McKinley A peak, 6,197.6 m (20,320 ft) high, in the Alaska Range of south-central Alaska. The highest point in North America, it was first scaled in 1913.
- McKinley, William 1843-1901. The 25th President of the United States (1897-1901). His presidency was marked by the Spanish-American War (1898), the annexation of Cuba and the Philippines, an open-door policy with China, and the passage of the Gold Standard Act (1900). He was assassinated by an anarchist in Buffalo, New York.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Mount McKinley, the highest peak in North America; 20,300 feet high; also called by the native name
- n. 25th President of the United States; was assassinated by an anarchist (1843-1901)
- n. a mountain in south central Alaska; the highest peak in North America (20,300 feet high)
“Sunshine by Robin McKinley is a comfort book for me.”
“Robin McKinley is one of my favorite authors and one of my least favorite authors.”
“Also, his wife, Robin McKinley, and he recently published their first collaboration called Water; Tales of the Elemental Spirits, in which each of them has written three stories about some of the magical creatures that inhabit our rivers and seas.”
“I cant wait, actually, to finish Bitterblue, because I intend to take a break from fantasy after that, and will finally be able to read the books of Megan Whalen Turner and Alison Croggon and some Robin McKinley books I havent read yet.”
“You'd think, after all these years, that there'd be nothing new to say about dragons (just like there is very little new to say about vampires), but Robin McKinley proves that wrong with Dragonhaven, originally published in hardcover by G.P. Putnam but now out in paperback from Ace.”
“I finished Robin McKinley's Sunshine during the week and absolutely loved it.”
“I think I'd like to be Mirasol from Robin McKinley's novel Chalice.”
“Robin McKinley - more Damar books! and Kelley Armstrong - gotta love strong heroines”
“Otherwise: Robin McKinley and Diane Duane tie for second place.”
“Beauty; The Blue Sword; Outlaws of Sherwood – Robin McKinley (all of these have strong female leads)”
‘McKinley’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for McKinley.