from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Middleton, Thomas 1580-1627. English playwright whose comedies, written between 1604 and 1611, include A Trick to Catch the Old One and A Chaste Maid in Cheapside.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of many placenames in England, Scotland and elsewhere, from the Old English words for "middle town".
- proper n. An earldom in the English peerage.
- proper n. An English and Scottish habitational surname from any of the places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English playwright and pamphleteer (1570-1627)
Sorry, no etymologies found.