American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Miller, Arthur 1915-2005. American playwright whose works include Death of a Salesman (1949), for which he won a Pulitzer Prize, and The Crucible (1953).
- Miller, (Alton) Glenn 1909-1944. American bandleader and composer whose orchestra was one of the most popular groups of the big-band era.
- Miller, Henry Valentine 1891-1980. American writer whose novels Tropic of Cancer (1934) and Tropic of Capricorn (1939) were banned in the United States because of their sexual content.
- Miller, Joaquin Pseudonym of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller. 1837-1913. American poet whose work is based on his adventures in the West. His collections include Specimens (1868) and Joaquin et al. (1869).
- Miller, Merton Howard 1923-2000. American economist. He shared a 1990 Nobel Prize for contributions to financial economics.
- Miller, William 1782-1849. American religious leader who preached that Christ's Second Coming would take place in 1843. Miller's followers later organized the Advent Christian Church (1860).
“Holmes is Belle Glade, Fla. native … TE HEATH MILLER had 1st career 100-yard rec. game vs. Miami on 9/7/06 … Steelers have 3 players (Ward, 87; Holmes, 78; Miller, 71) w/70+ catches for 1st time in franchise history.”
“SCARY POLL #s FOR JOE MILLER - Maybe it's time for Miller to get that deposit back that he put on the apartment in Washington?”
“VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'THE TRAGEDY THAT IS ZELL MILLER'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Miller says he\'s eager for the job and noted that it won\'t take up much of his time.”
“Ms. SHELLY MILLER (Coordinator, Oakridge Westfir Family Resource Center): My name is Shelly Miller.”
“CORY MILLER, U.S. ARMY: My name is S.rgeant Miller.”
“To most residents of Oakland, "Joaquin Miller" is the name of a picnic site, a location for music on summer nights, a route between Highway”
“Alvin Miller is a young boy with an incredible power – the ability to shape the world around him by “making.””
“Vin Miller is the author and owner of NaturalBias. com which is a blog about maximizing your life through natural health, practical fitness, and a positive perspective.”
“Justin Miller is third on Clemson's all-time list with 13 interceptions, but the first-team All-America returner left more of an imprint with his special-teams marks.”
“After all, Miller's friends were killed in all sorts of horrid ways around the world, while he survived numerous scrapes to the point where the term Miller's luck was coined in his honour.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Miller’.
Immortal people after whom waterborne species were named. Most of them have been marine zoologists, I would guess.
e.g. Gates' goblet, Humphrey's buccinum, Turton's moon snail, etc.
English surnames based upon an occupation. As one would expect, many of the occupations that lent themselves to these surnames no longer exist, and variant spellings abound.
Words known for filling in the blank in the phrase "It's _____ time!"
Looking for tweets for Miller.