from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Milton, John 1608-1674. English poet and scholar who is best known for the epic poem Paradise Lost (1667), an account of humanity's fall from grace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A habitational surname.
- proper n. A male given name derived from the surname.
- proper n. Name of many towns in Canada and the US.
- proper n. Brand name of sterilising compound for baby bottles
- proper n. Milton Keynes - large new town in England, 90km north of London.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English poet; remembered primarily as the author of an epic poem describing humanity's fall from grace (1608-1674)
Old English place name from mylen + tun ("mill settlement") and middel + tun ("middle settlement"). (Wiktionary)