from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Mitchell, Margaret Munnerlyn 1900-1949. American writer known for her novel Gone With the Wind (1936), for which she won a Pulitzer Prize.
- Mitchell, Maria 1818-1889. American astronomer and educator noted for her study of sunspots and nebulae and for the discovery of a comet (1847). She was the first woman elected to the Academy of Arts and Sciences (1848).
- MountMitchell A peak, 2,038.6 m (6,684 ft) high, in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. It is the highest point east of the Mississippi River.
- Mitchell, William Known as "Billy.” 1879-1936. American soldier and aviation pioneer who was one of the first advocates of military air power.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname derived from the Old French given name Michel (Michael), or from the Old English word muchel meaning big.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States aviator and general who was an early advocate of military air power (1879-1936)
- n. United States writer noted for her novel about the South during the American Civil War (1900-1949)
- n. United States astronomer who studied sunspots and nebulae (1818-1889)
- n. United States labor leader; president of the United Mine Workers of America from 1898 to 1908 (1870-1919)
- n. United States dancer who formed the first Black classical ballet company (born in 1934)
- n. English aeronautical engineer (1895-1937)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
MITCHELL: RR likes the cute, casual vibe -- and you have to hand it to Mitchell, he made the shorts-that-shall-not-be-named look pretty good -- but everyone notices and hates said shorts.
MITCHELL: Well, it doesn't make any difference what it's called, the Tenet plan, the Mitchell plan, the Paula Zahn plan or anything else, the important thing is to get the objectives of those plans implemented, which is of course, a cease-fire and a resumption of negotiation.
Recorded by GUY MITCHELL/1981 CBS/ENCORE note: The PC version that made a big hit for Mitchell and a lesser one for
ELMER BOND MITCHELL, (158), son of Nancy (Stephens) Mitchell, (39), was born Oct. 25, 1854; married Nov. 11, 1879, Claude Ralston; lives in
ERNEST TAYLOR MITCHELL, (161), son of Nancy (Stephens) Mitchell, (39), was born May 3, 1868; married Sept. 15, 1886, Bell Thatcher; lives in
MITCHELL - For six innings Friday night, Paoli and Mitchell matched brushstrokes of pitching genius, with the Rams 'Jordan Kloss and the Bluejackets' Addie Grubb ...
Visit www. mitchell.com/smartadvisor for more information or contact Mitchell SmartAdvisor Solutions directly at 1-800-421-6705 to schedule a demo of the SmartAdvisor bill review system.
Visit www. mitchell.com/smartadvisor for more information or contact Mitchell SmartAdvisor Solutions directly at 1-800-421-6705 to schedule
MITCHELL - Flooding plagues a few areas of Mitchell, creating detrimental, and sometimes dangerous, conditions for the residents.
MITCHELL - At least one new face will join the Mitchell school board this summer.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.