from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Molotov, Vyacheslav Mikhailovich 1890-1986. Soviet politician who was head of the Council of People's Commissars (1930-1941) and foreign minister (1939-1949 and 1953-1956).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Russian surname of patronymic origin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a city in the European part of Soviet Russia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in the European part of Russia
- n. Soviet statesman (1890-1986)
From Russian Молотов (Molotov); literally 'son of (a man called) hammer' (Wiktionary)