American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of a breed of American saddle and trotting horses noted for strength, speed, and endurance.
- Morgan, Sir Henry 1635?-1688. Welsh buccaneer who raided Spanish ships and settlements in the Caribbean and was acting governor of Jamaica (1680-1682).
- Morgan, John Hunt 1825-1864. American Confederate soldier who led cavalry raids behind Union lines in Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.
- Morgan, John Pierpont 1837-1913. American financier and philanthropist noted for his reorganization and control of major railroads, his consolidation of the U.S. Steel Corporation (1901), and his collection of art and the establishment of the Morgan Library in New York City, which was donated to the public (1924) by his son John Pierpont, Jr. (1867-1943).
- Morgan, Julia 1872-1957. American architect who designed over 700 buildings in California and Hawaii, including Hearst Castle (completed 1947).
- Morgan, Lewis Henry 1818-1881. American anthropologist who studied Native Americans, particularly the Seneca. His works include Ancient Society (1877).
- Morgan, Thomas Hunt 1866-1945. American biologist. He won a 1933 Nobel Prize for discoveries concerning the hereditary function of chromosomes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A breed of trotting horses which originated with a stallion owned by a Vermont schoolmaster named Justin Morgan.
- n. A male given name
- n. A female given name
- n. A patronymic Welsh surname.
- n. Any of many place names.
- n. A breed of horse originating in Vermont.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) One of a celebrated breed of small compact American saddle and trotting horses; -- so called from the name of the stud (Justin Morgan) from which the breed originated in Vermont.
- n. John Pierpont Morgan, a noted American financier and philanthropist; 1837-1913.
- n. United States biologist who formulated the chromosome theory of heredity (1866-1945)
- n. soldier in the American Revolution who defeated the British in the battle of Cowpens, South Carolina (1736-1802)
- n. an American breed of small compact saddle horses
- n. United States financier and philanthropist (1837-1913)
- n. a Welsh buccaneer who raided Spanish colonies in the West Indies for the English (1635-1688)
- n. United States anthropologist who studied the Seneca (1818-1881)
- Welsh Morcant, possibly from mawr ("great") + cant ("circle, completion"). (Wiktionary)
- After Justin Morgan (1747-1798), American schoolteacher. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“DAN HARRINGTON, MORGAN ` S FATHER: If Morgan is out there and hears us, please come home.”
“DAN HARRINGTON, MORGAN ` S FATHER: I ` d like to say if Morgan is out there and hears us, please come home.”
“DAN HARRINGTON, MORGAN HARRINGTON ` S FATHER: I would like to say, if Morgan is out there and hears us, please come home.”
“The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites Sky Sports Tremlett named as reserve - 32 mins ago Daily Express Tremlett to join up with England - 35 mins ago Sporting Life STRAUSS BEMOANS MORGAN ABSENCE - 4 hrs ago Morgan to miss World Cup - 6 hrs ago The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.”
“[Notes: ZIMBABWE TSVANGIRAI] (SOT: MORGAN TSVANGIRAI/OPPOSITION LEADER) THE INAUGURATION IS A MEANINGLESS EXERCISE. Opposition leader Morgan (SVAHNG'-ur-eye) Tsvangirai won the most votes in the first round of presidential voting in March, but not enough for an outright victory.”
“THE MUSIC OF LEE MORGAN (Thursday) The title of this engagement, borrowed from a 1966 Blue Note album, applies broadly to the career of Morgan, one of jazz's most magnetic hard-bop trumpeters.”
“MORGAN COUNTY According to the National Center for Charitable Statistics, 81 Morgan”
“C. DAVID MORGAN: Morgan wants to see more cooperation between council and Mayor William J. Healy II.”
“Maybe that's why some have started editing out the name Morgan when referring to their rival.”
“Colin Morgan is sufficiently wide-eyed and hot-headed as the young, eager Merlin and Bradley James plays the young Arthur as a petulant, arrogant young man yet with just the right amount of earthiness to demonstrate his sincerity.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Morgan’.
These are makes, not models. I'll save those for another list.
Looking for tweets for Morgan.