from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Morley, Christopher Darlington 1890-1957. American writer who was a founder and editor (1924-1941) of Saturday Review and wrote prolifically, most notably popular novels.
- Morley, Edward Williams 1838-1923. American chemist and physicist who with Albert Michelson disproved the existence of ether, the hypothetical medium of electromagnetic waves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. any of various towns in England
- proper n. A habitational surname
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States chemist and physicist who collaborated with Michelson in the Michelson-Morley experiment (1838-1923)
From Old English mor ("moor") + leah ("wood") (Wiktionary)