from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Muhammad 570?-632 A.D. Arab prophet of Islam. At the age of 40 he began to preach as God's prophet of the true religion. Muhammad established a theocratic state at Medina after 622 and began to convert Arabia to Islam.
- Muhammad, Elijah Originally Elijah Poole. 1897-1975. American activist and leader of the Nation of Islam (1934-1975).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The prophet who introduced Islam, the man to whom the Quran was revealed.
- proper n. A male given name very popular among Muslims.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Arab prophet who, according to Islam, was the last messenger of Allah (570-632)
- n. leader of Black Muslims who campaigned for independence for Black Americans (1897-1975)
JACKIE MARHALIK, MUHAMMAD TRIAL JUROR: Jackie Marhalik was a member of the Muhammad jury and she joins us this morning from Virginia Beach.
Depth, particularly on the offensive line and at receiver beyond starters Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad, is a problem.
The name Muhammad occurs only four times in the Quran, and twice he is called Ahmad.
When she competes, photographers often zoom in on the name Muhammad on the back of her fencing jacket.
Wide receiver: Bernard Berrian can stretch the field, and Muhsin Muhammad is a solid veteran complement.
Muhsin Muhammad is still one of the league's better possession receivers and tight end Desmond Clark can be dangerous if defenses don't account for him.
But he converted to Islam in 2004 and went by the name Muhammad Yusuf, authorities said.
U.S. authorities have said that Pimentel, who faces terrorism-related charges, is an "al-Qaida sympathizer" who converted to Islam in 2004 and went by the name Muhammad Yusuf.
Already, the name Muhammad is the most popular name for baby boys in the four biggest cities of the Netherlands.
Now, early in February 1965, the Nation of Islam disciple given the name Muhammad Ali walked into Harlem’s Theresa Hotel.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.