from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northern Utah, an industrial suburb of Salt Lake City. Population: 44,800.
- Murray, Sir James Augustus Henry 1837-1915. British philologist and the original lexicographer (1879-1915) of the Oxford English Dictionary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A river in southeastern Australia, flowing 2,589 km (1,609 mi) to the Indian Ocean.
- proper n. Any of a number of places in the U.S.A. and elsewhere.
- proper n. A Scottish surname.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as moray.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Scottish philologist and the lexicographer who shaped the Oxford English Dictionary (1837-1915)
- n. a southeast Australian river; flows westward and then south into the Indian Ocean at Adelaide
- n. British classical scholar (born in Australia) who advocated the League of Nations and the United Nations (1866-1957)
Scottish surname derived from the place name Moray in NE Scotland, probably from old Celtic "sea + settlement". (Wiktionary)