from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northern Utah, an industrial suburb of Salt Lake City. Population: 44,800.
- Murray, Sir James Augustus Henry 1837-1915. British philologist and the original lexicographer (1879-1915) of the Oxford English Dictionary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A river in southeastern Australia, flowing 2,589 km (1,609 mi) to the Indian Ocean.
- proper n. Any of a number of places in the U.S.A. and elsewhere.
- proper n. A Scottish surname.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as moray.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Scottish philologist and the lexicographer who shaped the Oxford English Dictionary (1837-1915)
- n. a southeast Australian river; flows westward and then south into the Indian Ocean at Adelaide
- n. British classical scholar (born in Australia) who advocated the League of Nations and the United Nations (1866-1957)
Murray: "The troops will amount to six thousand" (_Murray to Pitt, 12 Oct. 1759_).
DANCING WITH THE STARS - CHELSIE HIGHTOWER AND TY MURRAY -- Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport.
"JOHN MURRAY."] [Footnote 2: On the night of March 5, 1811, Massena retreated from his camp at Santarem, whence he had watched Wellington at Torres Vedras, and on April 4 he crossed the Coa into Spain.] [Footnote 3: Murray had shown the MS. to Gifford for advice as to its publication.
Still, perhaps Iain Murray is correct in his assessment:
Captain Murray is judge, "sitting in Equity," Superintendent of Police, Chancellor of the Exchequer, and Surveyor of Taxes, besides being Board of Trade, Board of Works, and I know not what besides.
The islands, which I called Murray's Islands, are four in number, two of them are of considerable height and may be seen twelve leagues.
Elaine Barnes quit her job as green schools program manager this year partly because of what she described as Murray's unwritten rules to help unions.
But, the really great thing about Sen. Murray is she brings home the right kind of bacon - money for public transportation and bike and ped infrastructure.
Murray is going to be in the race for her career -- she and every Dem in the State needs McGinn to go in to Dick Cheney "undisclosed location" for the rest of the year.
Having Rossi run against Murray is the best-possible scenario for a Murray win.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.