from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- North, Frederick. Second Earl of Guilford. Known as "Lord North.” 1732-1792. British politician who served as prime minister (1770-1782) under George III. His policies led to the rebellion of the American colonies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Union during the American Civil War.
- proper n. The North of England, a cultural region.
- proper n. The northern states of the United States.
- proper n. The northern part of any region.
Sorry, no etymologies found.