from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A movement advocating the political and cultural union of Slavic nations and peoples.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A movement aimed at uniting all the Slavic peoples.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A scheme or desire to unite all the Slavic races into one confederacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The plan of or a desire for a unity of civilization and literature among Slavic peoples.
- n. A scheme or movement for effecting the union of all Slavic peoples in a confederation under the hegemony of Russia (or, as some propose, under the hegemony of a resuscitated Poland).
pan- + Slav + -ism (Wiktionary)