from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element palladium1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for palladium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The chemical symbol for palladium, an element of the platinum group of atomic number 46.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of paid.
- n. In chem., the symbol for palladium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a silver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum; occurs in some copper and nickel ores; does not tarnish at ordinary temperatures and is used (alloyed with gold) in jewelry
Sorry, no etymologies found.