from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Pomerania or its people.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Pomerania.
- n. Any of a breed of small dogs having long silky hair, a foxlike face, pointed ears, and a hairy tail curling over the back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relative to Pomerania
- n. a native, or inhabitant of Pomerania
- n. a breed of small, sturdy toy dogs in the spitz family
- proper n. the Pomeranian or Kashubian language
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Pomerania, a province of Prussia on the Baltic Sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Pomerania, a former duchy, and now a province of northern Prussia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Pomerania.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. breed of very small compact long-haired dogs of the spitz type
Sorry, no etymologies found.