American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Pomerania or its people.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Pomerania.
- n. Any of a breed of small dogs having long silky hair, a foxlike face, pointed ears, and a hairy tail curling over the back.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Pomerania, a former duchy, and now a province of northern Prussia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Pomerania.
- adj. of, or relative to Pomerania
- n. a native, or inhabitant of Pomerania
- n. a breed of small, sturdy toy dogs in the spitz family
- n. the Pomeranian or Kashubian language
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Pomerania, a province of Prussia on the Baltic Sea.
- n. breed of very small compact long-haired dogs of the spitz type
“As I had examined many directories and found none that gave her uncle's name as living in the city, I had to conclude that the owner of the Pomeranian was her hostess and that I was the victim of a trick of fate which had allowed her to flash across my path and disappear, which had allowed me to have but this tantalizing glimpse.”
“But at that time, the Pomeranian was a larger animal - Charlotte's dogs weighed between 30 and 50 pounds each.”
“Because a Pomeranian is the only dog that has to smile, genetically.”
“The Pomeranian was a much-coveted English breed which automatically endowed the owner with a certain status.”
“Have you ever wondered whether your Pomeranian could be a show dog?”
“The Pomeranian is a compact, short-backed, active toy dog.”
“If you are looking for a toy dog that is intelligent, curious, lively and cuddly, then the Pomeranian could be the dog for you!”
“The Pomeranian was a service dog and therefore authorized to ride the bus.”
“[Footnote: For further particulars concerning this truly worthy man, who may well be called the Pomeranian Manlius, see Friedeborn, "Description of Old”
“First it was Ozzy Osbourne watching his Pomeranian "Little Bit" become a little bit of a snack for a bold LA coyote, then two of Paris Hilton's purse rats may or may not have been consumed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Pomeranian’.
Looking for tweets for Pomeranian.