from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Putin, Vladimir Vladimirovich Born 1952. Russian politician who has served as president of Russia since 1999.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A transliteration of a Russian surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. set up for use
- v. keep or lay aside for future use
- v. introduce
- v. break into a conversation
- v. to insert between other elements
- v. make an application as for a job or funding
- n. Russian statesman chosen as president of the Russian Federation in 2000; formerly director of the Federal Security Bureau (born in 1952)
Transliteration of Russian Путин (Pútin) (Wiktionary)