from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Pyle, Ernest Taylor Known as "Ernie.” 1900-1945. American journalist noted for his stories about American soldiers on the European and North African fronts during World War II.
- Pyle, Howard 1853-1911. American writer and illustrator of children's books, such as The Wonder Clock (1888), which features his distinctive art nouveau illustrations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of pile, etc.
- n. A single grain of chaff.
- n. A pore or other orifice or opening of small size, as a micropyle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States writer and illustrator of children's books (1853-1911)
Sorry, no etymologies found.