from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Rhode Island
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. Rhode Island, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Riau, a province of Indonesia.
- abbr. radioisotope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Japanese mile. It is divided into 36 cho, and is equal to about 2.45 English miles. See cho.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin phrase requiescat in pace, may he (or she) rest in peace.
- n. A Japanese unit of area, equal to 15.5 square kilometers.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Irish Academy.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Indian Marine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in New England; one of the original 13 colonies; the smallest state
Sorry, no etymologies found.