from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Rhode Island
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. Rhode Island, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Riau, a province of Indonesia.
- abbr. radioisotope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Japanese mile. It is divided into 36 cho, and is equal to about 2.45 English miles. See cho.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin phrase requiescat in pace, may he (or she) rest in peace.
- n. A Japanese unit of area, equal to 15.5 square kilometers.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Irish Academy.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Indian Marine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in New England; one of the original 13 colonies; the smallest state
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Spurwink | ri will host "Have a Heart for Spurwink" on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 6: 30 PM. at the Roger Williams Park Casino in Providence, RI.
Our problem here in RI is that the land is sky high.
We had fishing like that for a couple days in RI in Naraganset Bay, and I have fished a ton of those blitzes off of Boston MA and north of there.
Nope, it started with the burning of the Gaspee in RI (where I just happen to live) in 1772. 8
Claims attended the Naval War College in RI 9/1985-6/1987
That was merely a ruse to get prostitution criminalized in RI, which has been her goal all along.
We have federal and state laws (even in RI) against sexual assault, rape, and violence.
I do agree however that if the revenue would be used to help the fishery then it is a good idea but unfortunately here in RI the the draggers tear up the bottom and that is irreplaceble damage.
Craigslist suspect charged with assault in RI case Associated Press
I have friends and acquaintances here in RI who are farmers -- I worry about their fields.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.