from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Reagan, Nancy Davis Born 1921. First Lady of the United States (1981-1989) as the wife of President Ronald Reagan. She established a nationwide antidrug campaign.
- Reagan, Ronald Wilson 1911-2004. The 40th President of the United States (1981-1989). An actor turned politician, he was governor of California (1967-1975) and defeated the incumbent Jimmy Carter in the 1980 presidential election. His administration was marked by economic recovery, military involvement in Grenada, Central America, Lebanon, and Libya, and improved relations with the Soviet Union.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Of the administration of Ronald Reagan, U.S. President in 1981-1989.
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name, occasional transferred use of the surname.
- proper n. A female given name of American usage since the 1970s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. 40th President of the United States (1911-2004)
Anglicized from Irish Gaelic Ó Riagáin "descendant of Riagán", a personal name possibly derived from ríodhgach "impulsive, furious". (Wiktionary)