from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Renoir, Jean 1894-1979. French filmmaker who won acclaim for the artistry of films such as La Grande Illusion (1937) and Rules of the Game (1939).
- Renoir, Pierre Auguste 1841-1919. French impressionist painter whose warm, luminous works include Child with Watering Can (1876) and Luncheon of the Boating Party (1881).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- proper n. Pierre-Auguste Renoir, French painter
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. French impressionist painter (1841-1919)
Sorry, no etymologies found.