from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Robert, Henry Martyn 1837-1923. American army engineer and parliamentary authority. He designed the defenses for Washington, D.C., during the Civil War and later wrote Robert's Rules of Order (1876).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Herb Robert, under Herb.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as herb-robert.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States parliamentary authority and author (in 1876) of Robert's Rules of Order (1837-1923)
LAURA DEPLEDGE, ROBERT SAWYERS 'ATTORNEY: Well, actually, Robert retained me back in June because we were trying to enforce the order of visitation.
CHRISTINE SULLIVAN, ROBERT JOHNSON'S AUNT: I supported Robert in his choice to be in the military.
HARLAND BRAUN, ROBERT BLAKE'S ATTORNEY: Robert has always said that he was not responsible for her killing and we have gathered our case and what I've told him, I have to totally look at their case, which is extensive, apparently.
- By robert strevell on Mar. 27 at 9: 42 AM I can't believe you even asked about closing the San Luis Pass, Robert!
Kudos to robert c (who ought to be that Robert C if he isn't) for being pugnacious and effective.
ROBERT BURKE, a Firehouse. com Contributing Editor, is the fire marshal and hazmat team member for the University of Maryland. a 28-year veteran of fire and emergency services, Robert is a Certified Fire Protection Specialist, NPQS Board Certified Fire Inspector III, Hazardous Materials Incident Commander, and Hazardous Materials Technician, and has served on state, county and local hazardous materials response teams.
DIGAY, a son, ROBERT CHRISTIAN, born Dec. 16, 2009, to Robert and Maria Digay of South Lake Tahoe.
NEWTON - a son, ROBERT WILLIAM, born June 15, 2009, to Robert and Trisha Newton of Carson City.
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, ROBERT! "and every time I say his name, the screen flashes a little, but Robert doesn't leave.
IN 1982 a graphic artist named Kris Ellingsen went to graduate school in evolutionary biology and began coming home with the name Robert MacArthur on her lips.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.