from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Rogers, Carl 1902-1987. American psychologist. A founder of humanistic psychology, he developed client-centered therapy, in which the client directs the focus and pace of each session.
- Rogers, Ginger Originally Virginia McMath. 1911-1995. American dancer and actress particularly noted for her partnership with Fred Astaire in several motion pictures, including Swing Time (1936). She won an Academy Award in 1940 for her performance in Kitty Foyle (1940).
- Rogers, John 1829-1904. American sculptor noted for his groups of small sculptures, such as "Checkers up at the Farm” and "The Slave Auction” (both 1859).
- Rogers, Robert 1731-1795. American soldier and frontiersman who led (1758-1763) the Rogers's Rangers on a series of daring missions during the French and Indian War.
- Rogers, Roy Originally Leonard Slye. 1912-1998. American singer and actor who played a singing cowboy in motion-picture Westerns.
- Rogers, William Penn Adair Known as "Will.” 1879-1935. American humorist noted for his wry homespun commentary on American society and politics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English patronymic surname derived from Roger
- proper n. A town in Arkansas, and other U.S. places named for bearers of the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States dancer and film actress who partnered with Fred Astaire (1911-1995)
- n. United States psychologist who developed client-centered therapy (1902-1987)
- n. United States humorist remembered for his homespun commentary on politics and American society (1879-1935)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
• ROGERS SIGNUPS: The Rogers area Special Olympics is currently registering athletes for bowling and basketball teams.
Called rogers and was told to test the phone at a nearby store, if it does not work out, retrun the phone from where I got it from (this is day 3, Rogers also have a record of this).
ROGERS OUT: Like clockwork, Rogers was substituted out with 17: 00 remaining.
ROGERS (February 9, 2010) - Fire destroyed a mobile home Tuesday afternoon at 509 Artisan Road in Rogers and killed one of three dogs trapped inside.
No Responses to "Rogers Canada: how NOT to sell Android" magicfab: #Rogers!
ROGERS - Kenyon "Ken" Petty, 75 of Rogers, died Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010.
ROGERS - Gabi Bonno scored on a penalty kick to tally the game's only goal, and lead the Lady Purple 'Dogs over Rogers on Tuesday.
ROGERS -- A condemnation suit was filed by the city of Rogers against Mike Moser on Friday.
ROGERS -- Main Street Rogers wants people downtown to enjoy nature.
ROGERS - A Tax Day Tea Party will be held Wednesday in downtown Rogers protesting an
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.