from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- MonteRosa A mountain, 4,636.9 m (15,203 ft) high, on the Swiss-Italian border that is the highest elevation in the Pennine Alps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Roseae — the roses.
- proper n. A female given name ; a Latinized variant of Rose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of polypetalous plants, comprising all the genuine roses, type of the order Rosaceæ and sole genus of the tribe Roseæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses
From Latin rosa ("rose"). (Wiktionary)