from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of Romanian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Archaic spelling of Romanian.
- adj. Archaic spelling of Romanian.
- adj. Alternative spelling of Romanian. Used to create a more Germanic feel in text (compare the German word Rumänisch).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Rumania, a kingdom (since 1881) of southeastern Europe, consisting of the former Turkish dependencies Wallachia and Moldavia, the Danubian principalities.
- n. One of the members of a race in southeastern Europe, Latinized in the second century, or perhaps later. Called by the Slavs Vlachs (Welsh, Wallachs).
- n. A Romance language spoken in Rumania, the neighboring parts of the Austrian empire, Bessarabia, the Pindus region, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Romania
- n. an eastern Romance language spoken in Romania
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the country of Romania or its people or languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.