from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bloodthirsty revolutionist or terrorist.
- n. One of the mob that massacred the imprisoned royalists in Paris, France, in September 1792.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An agent in the massacres in Paris, committed in patriotic frenzy, on 22 September 1792.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An agent in the massacres in Paris, committed in patriotic frenzy, on the 22d of September, 1792.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of those who, in the first French Revolution, took part in the massacre of the prisoners in Paris in the beginning of September, 1792; hence, any malignant or bloodthirsty person.
French septembriste. (Wiktionary)