from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- LakeShasta A reservoir of north-central California formed by Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River. It is the largest artificial lake in California and a popular water resort. The dam was completed in 1945.
- MountShasta A volcanic peak, 4,319.4 m (14,162 ft) high, of the Cascade Range in northern California. Discovered in 1827, it has hot sulfurous springs near the summit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A brand of cola.
- proper n. A place name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mountain peak, etc., in California.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a volcanic mountain peak in the Cascade Range in northern California (14,162 feet high)
- n. a member of the Indian people of northern California and southern Oregon
- n. the Shastan language spoken by the Shasta
Sorry, no etymologies found.