from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A trademark used for plasterboard. This trademark often occurs in print in lowercase: "[It] is excellent for installing lights, installing ceiling tile, taping sheetrock . . . and other jobs” (Engineering News-Record). It also occurs as a verb: "We're going to sheetrock the ceiling” ( New York Times).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Drywall; plasterboard; a building material comprising a layer of gypsum plaster sandwiched between two pieces of heavy paper, used mainly for interior walls and ceilings.
- n. Any of the various thicknesses and grades of such material.
- n. A wall made of this.
- v. To install and finish Sheetrock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of plasterboard
sheet + rock (Wiktionary)