from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Simpson, Sir James Young 1811-1870. Scottish physician who pioneered the use of ether and chloroform in obstetrics (1847).
- Simpson, O(renthal) J(ames) Born 1947. American athlete who was the first professional football player to rush more than 2,000 yards in a season. He was acquitted of the 1994 murders of his ex-wife and her friend in a highly publicized trial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish and northern English patronymic surname derived from Sim, the short form of Simon.
- proper n. An English habitational surname for someone who lived in either of several places in Devon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Scottish obstetrician and surgeon who pioneered in the use of ether and discovered the anesthetic effects of chloroform (1811-1870)
- n. United States divorcee whose marriage to Edward VIII created a constitutional crisis leading to his abdication
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Pop songstress Jessica Simpson is the guest judge. —
Lisa Simpson is always 8 and her sister is always a baby in The Simpsons, Paige Fox is always 14 and her younger brother is always a fan of the latest SF/fantasy franchise instead of preferring any older one in Fox Trot, etc.
You see, Jessica Simpson is not adopting a Mexican child because Jessica Simpson is an old fashioned girl who wants to do things the old fashioned way.
Nora Simpson is a family attorney in North Texas - currently her office is in Flower Mound - and has just opened her own practice.
Mona Simpson is the author of four novels, including Anywhere But Here and Off Keck Road.
Jessica Simpson is passing along some helpful information.
Jessica Simpson is one busy soul: In the past month, she's traveled to the Middle East to meet troops, while on Thursday night she performed songs from her upcoming Christmas album for a PBS special to air Thanksgiving.
Jessica Simpson is one busy soul: In the past month, she
Jessica Simpson is one busy soul: In the past month, she's traveled to the Middle East to meet troops, while on Thursday night she performed ...
If Simpson is making that claim, then he deserves to be on the List, with the other two Simpsons.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.