from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Sinclair, Upton Beall 1878-1968. American writer and reformer. His concern with social justice is apparent in his novels, including The Jungle (1906) and Boston (1928).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish surname, that of a clan, derived from St Claire to whom their churches were dedicated.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English electrical engineer who founded a company that introduced many innovative products (born in 1940)
- n. United States writer whose novels argued for social reform (1878-1968)
Sorry, no etymologies found.